I’ve memories of a nativity scene at my grandparent’s house, under the tree, right at my childhood eye level, and not being allowed touch it. Nine dolls, and some animals, in a ‘dolls house’ and I wasn’t allowed to play….huh? Those rules were meant to be broken those… and as a result, poor Joseph had a broken head, expertly glued back to near perfection.
I love that there are alternative nativity scenes now, that can be played with, and enjoyed. In the case of the lego, broken and re built without glue.
Here are some of our favourites.
1. Knitted Crib, €63.10. You can buy it here.
2. Haba nativity set, €99, LittleDreamers.ie. You can buy it here
3. Lego set, €26.79. You can buy it here
4. Ingela P Arrhenius nativity set, €23.98, TheKidWho.eu. You can buy it here.
5. Melissa and Doug nativity set, €22.70, Amazon. You can buy it here
6. Finger puppet, €17.32, Amazon. You can buy them here.
7. Playmobil, €15.96, Amazon. You can buy it here
8. Peg dolls set, €139.06, Esty. You can buy it here.
9. Fisherprice nativity set, €62.43, Amazon. You can buy it here.
And now for the HUGE question…..If your family has a nativity scene, does the Jesus doll stay hidden away until Christmas morning or is it part of the set from when you take out the decorations (no arguing now…. there’s no right or wrong….lol!)