Body&Soul is one of the most anticipated festivals of the summer in Ireland. Known for it’s laid back vibe and family friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect event for everyone in your little gang to enjoy, no matter what their age! Mutiny Kids have just heard about the array of enchanting adventures and magical happenings at ‘Soul Kids’ for this year’s festival. Creating a world of wonder and exploration for children in a festival environment, B&S Festival has a labyrinth of entertainment and excitement with a jam-packed programme of workshops, trails, performances and ‘potterings’.
Body&Soul is the ultimate playground for children. Allowing a sense of freedom, but with the safety and enjoyment of a dedicated family campsite. It is here you will find morning and evening entertainment. Even the tiny ones in your family can party like its 2014 (!) at the mini festival for tiny tots in the Walled Gardens. At Body and Soul Festival, you can escape from schedules, routines or rules and only new adventures and family memories to be made.
Camping With The Kids
The idea of enjoying a festival with kids, might be a little scary, but as well as a jam packed schedule of fun and fascination, the family camping area is purposely designed to meet the special needs of our little ones, making sure the family is Festival Fit! The morning rise in family camping includes yoga, art workshops and face painters while the evening setting will have them off to sleep in no time with storytelling, yoga and hot water bottle filling. (I mean seriously, how cute is that!)
Gone are the days you could through a bikini top and a jumper in with your sleeping bag, and knew you would be grand for the weekend. Now there are practical family needs, and these include hot and cold running water which are available. There is an information reception area, assistance is given with pitching up tents as well as having a dedicated breast feeding and baby changing area. They literally have thought of EVERYTHING! Do you feel all your worries melting away? Us too!
This year the family camping site will also host the “Groovers & Shakers” caravan providing the young ‘uns with melodic workshops with traditional Irish music instruments or they can climb to their hearts content exploring the medieval wooden castle. Penny and leon would LOVE this. (and so would we!)
The Walled Garden, an adult-free area, unless you’re lucky enough to be hanging out with your little person, Soul Kids is Body&Soul’s only super-exclusive area. Kids rule here. It’s home to an array of symphonic sounds and charming stories to feed the creative imaginations of the ‘SoulKids’.
· An exploration of the Natural World with outdoor learning through Eco Action workshops run by Eco Unesco. Allow children to participate in sensory nature walks, woodland activities and biodiversity workshops with seed and plant planting. Children can experience nature through a variety of workshops with Earth Forest Education hosting a Forest School where kids will make crafts and use simple tools to make something they can bring home. Celtic Trails will also be holding workshops where kids go into the forest and forage and follow clues. Fairy doors, bird houses and natural crafts will be created with foraged materials from the woodlands thanks to Kids Art World.
· Yoga 4 Kids combines dynamic movements, postures, breathing exercises and meditations of Kundalini and Hatha yoga into a holistic program of physical fitness, education, social and self-awareness for children.
· Young budding circus performers and dancers can brush up on their dancing and circus skills with Bucky Circus Skills teaching kids poi, diablo, stilt walking, juggling and other circus skills and Funky Feet Dance & Drama providing energetic workshops finishing with a little performance at the end of each lesson.
· Sign Me a Story is a drama and theatre workshop with a difference, which will teach children simple and basic sign language, culminating with a performance of their learning’s.
· Children can prance around carefree in headdresses and fresh flower garlands thanks to the WhamBam project and Jim Lawless, an ex-florist who uses fresh flowers to create headbands.
Outside the dedicated camping and Walled Garden exclusive Soul Kids area, the activities for children are threaded throughout the festival site with special family hot-tub times, great acts at the comedy tent, pop-up theatrical performances, great musical acts and more.
The Line Up for the Body & Soul Festival is as follows:
BODY&SOUL STAGE / MIDNIGHT CIRCUS
The Gloaming / Santigold / St Germain / Hudson Mohawke / Floating Points (live) / Mercury Rev / Neon Indian / Girl Band / BadBadNotGood / Wolf Parade / Sun Kil Moon / Junior Boys / David August / Cassy / Optimo / Gold Panda / Mbongwana Star / Ibibio Sound Machine / Tanya Tagaq / Slow Magic / Jambinai / Ho99o9 / Ninos Du Brasil / NAH / Brian Deady / Bleeding Heart Pigeons / Rusangano Family / FJAAK / EMBRZ / Bitch Falcon
ON THE WOODLANDS STAGE
Holly Macve / fTalos / Saint Sister / Elm / TooFools / Forrests / Mario Batkovic / Daithí / Somadrone / Myles Manley / Plutonic Dust / Loah / Ocho / Aine Cahill / ÆMak / Elephant / We Eat Electric Light / Ailbhe Reddy / Ollie Bell / Niamh Regan / PRESENTED BY MUSIC NETWORK: Séamus Begley, Catriona McKay & Chris Stout / OKO / Christine Tobin / Bangers and Crash Percussion Trio / The Carducci Quartet / Donal Lunny, Máirtín O’Connor & Zoë Conway
ON THE PAGODA STAGE
Daniel McDermott / PolyGlove / BARQ / Auxiliary Phoenix / The Ocelots / Joni / Tracy Bruen / Katie Laffan / Shrubs Duo / Farah Elle / Feather / Apollonia Tribal Bellydance / Floating Ballroom / Publicity Machine / Johnny Rayge / El Grey / Roisin El Cherif / Candlelit Tales & Infinity Program: The Story of Eithlinn / Marangvla A&V / Arash
Doesn’t it sound absolutely amazing? Celebrate the Summer Soltice outside, with HEAPS of entertainment for the kids and adults alike. Mutiny Mamas have been (pre kids, although I think we may need to bring the kids this year) and it really does have such a fantastic atmosphere. You’ll find the details for tickets below. Do let us know if you are heading along, and enjoy!
Tickets can be purchased 24/7 – 0818 719 300 / ticketmaster.ie
Ticket tiers 1, 2 ,3 and 4 have sold out.
Tier 5 (final tier) is now on sale.
General and *Family Weekend Tickets
Tier 5 €169.50 incl booking fee
A Family Weekend Ticket permits entry to 1 adult and 2 children aged 12 or under.
Only Family Weekend Ticket holders are permitted access to the dedicated family campsite.
Combined Weekend & Bus (return from Dublin) Tickets:
Tickets can be paid for in Instalments – 50% payable on booking, 50% taken on June 1st.
A very limited number of General Campervan and Family Campervan Tickets are available. Sunday Tickets priced at €65 will go on sale in June.
Phone & internet bookings subject to €6.10 credit card service charge, outlets €2.15 per ticket.
**Subject to licence.